According to multiple reports in the Wall Street Journal and WCBS 880AM Radio, General Motors is set to announce tomorrow that New York City and Austin, TX (the hometown of GM Chairman Ed Whitacre) are being added to the Launch markets for the Chevy VOLT due out late this year (November 2011). Previously, GM had announced that initially the VOLT would only be for sale in California, Michigan and Washington DC.
We realize that many Fairfield and Westchester County consumers will find the new Chevy VOLT offers the perfect solution to their daily commute; and our team here at KARL Chevrolet is ready to provide the area's BEST VOLT ownership experience.
While no official word has come, this is certainly exciting and welcome news for us at KARL Chevrolet! As this site will attest, we have been anxiously awaiting, and closely following, the VOLT's development and progress as it nears reality in the market. Just follow any of these posts:
- 6/21/2010…. Getting to Know the 2011 Chevy VOLT
- 6/3/2010…. Chevrolet and OnStar Join Forces to provide Safety Training
- 3/27/2010…. Chevrolet to unveil 2011 Cruze Eco at the NY Auto Show
- 3/23/2010…. The GM EN-V ... could this be our future mode of transportation?
- 12/1/2009…. Chevy VOLT moves a step closer to reality...
- 10/28/2009…. Get those creative juices flowing... name the signature color for Chevy VOLT
- 9/19/2009…. What will Dealer's charge for the new Chevy VOLT?
- 4/8/2008…. Tracking The Chevy Volt
- 4/3/2008…. The Race For The Battery Of 2010
The VOLT will represent ground breaking new technology and will fundamentally change the way Connecticut and New York consumers view Chevrolet and General Motors. Stay tuned for additional information!